Order New Mexico Weight & Distance
NMWD is required if you have a declared gross weight or gross vehicle weight over 26,000 pounds and are using highways in New Mexico.
This tax is based on vehicle weight and miles traveled on New Mexico roads. Companies must register and apply each year for a New Mexico Weight Distance Tax Electronic Permit for each vehicle.
- A vehicle titled in New Mexico that is subject to the weight-distance tax and traveling intrastate is issued a weight-distance plate.
- A vehicle titled in New Mexico that is subject to the weight-distance tax and traveling interstate is issued an IRP plate.
Those subject to the weight-distance tax (WDT) must file a New Mexico weight-distance tax return on a quarterly basis, and pay the tax due to the MVD.
Required Quarterly Filing Dates:
- Quarter 1 Time Period Covering: January 1st – March 31st Filings Due By: April 30th
- Quarter 2 Time Period Covering: April 1st – June 30th Filings Due By: July 31st
- Quarter 3 Time Period Covering: July 1st – September 30th Filings Due By: October 31st
- Quarter 4 Time Period Covering: October 1st – December 31st Filings Due By: January 31st